Thursday 9 October 2014

The Lizard Theory – Beautiful Way To Understand life

The Lizard Theory – Beautiful Way To
Understand life
At a Party, a Lizard suddenly fell and sat on a
lady. Out of fear the lady started screaming.
With a panic stricken face and trembling voice
she started jumping, with both her hands
desperately trying to get rid of the lizard.
Her reaction was contagious, as everyone in her
group also got frightened.
The lady finally managed to push the lizard away,
but it landed on another lady in the group.
Now, it was the turn of the other lady in the
group to continue the drama.
The waiter rushed forward to their rescue.
In the relay of throwing, the lizard next fell upon
the waiter. The waiter did not move, composed
himself and observed the behaviour of the lizard
on his shirt. When he was confident enough, he
grabbed it with his fingers and threw it out of the
hall.
Eating my dinner and watching the amusement,
the antenna of my mind picked up a few
thoughts and started wondering, was the lizard
responsible for their histrionic behaviour?
If so, then why was the waiter not disturbed? He
handled it near to perfection, without any chaos.
It is not the lizard, but the inability of the ladies
to handle the disturbance caused by the lizard
that disturbed the ladies.
I realized that, it is not the shouting of my father
or my boss or my wife that disturbs me, but it’s
my inability to handle the disturbances caused
by their shouting that disturbs me.
It’s not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs
me, but my inability to handle the disturbance
caused by the traffic jam that disturbs me.
More than the problem, it’s my reaction to the
problem that creates chaos in my life.
Lessons learnt from the story:
We should not react in life.
We should always respond.
The women reacted, whereas the waiter
responded.
Reactions are always instinctive whereas
responses are always well thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment